Top 10 MELiSSA songs

Finally, I can make a top 10 list that I've wanted to make for a long time. It's also been a long time since I posted anything here, but it doesn't mean I've returned. This is only a one time thing. This is also the first time I'm reviewing music, so don't take anything I say seriously because my tastes are probably worse than yours.

Anyway, I'm going to be reviewing the top 10 songs from a group known as MELiSSA. It's a subunit of the group known as Idol College, one of the first idol groups whose music I've listened to. Most of the music in MELiSSA is similar to rock music more than what most people expect when they think of J-pop. Right now, during the time I posted this, MELiSSA has four members. Two of them graduated from Idol College already, but one of them still performs with the group during the MELiSSA live events. Anyway, let's begin the top 10 list.

10. センチメンタルデイズ

The reason why I put this as number 10 was because currently, there are only 10 songs, and I needed to put something at number 10. Organizing this list was very hard, and I enjoyed listening to all 10 of the songs.

Anyway, I chose to put this song, also known as Sentimental Days, at number 10 because although it's a good song, it's not as good as the other songs on the list. It's also the one I don't think of that much when remembering the songs. However, I still enjoy listening to it, and I sometimes practice playing the drums to this song.

9. しんかいパール

I didn't really expect to put this song at the number 9 spot, because this song has a lot of meaning to it. I think it was thought of by one of the MELiSSA members, but I don't remember if that's true. Anyway, there's a lot of percussion in this song, so I don't think I can play it on the drums. The bridge is very catchy, though, and it's probably the best part of the song.

8. UTPA

This song is ok, I guess. It's the newest out of the 10, so maybe it's because I haven't listened to it as much as the other songs, but it sounds different from the other 9 songs on the list because it uses 3 different keys for the verse, pre-chorus, and chorus. This gives the song an interesting feel to it.

I also didn't realize that the title was supposed to be "Utopia" until 3 minutes into the song.

7. Berserker

This song is ok, I guess. I don't really know what to say about this song, but I remember going to the first live show and this song was played three times in a row. I also remember some of the choreography for this song, specifically the chorus part.

6. DREAMERS.

When I first listened to this song, I wanted to listen to it again right away. It's also really easy for me to make a cover of this song by ear. The song sounds really cool, and I don't know why.

5. DiSEASE

This song has a different, more darker tone than the other songs, and I should've expected it from the name of the song. It also reminds me of my favourite member of MELiSSA, who noticed me on Twitter after I made a cover of this song.

4. Imitation Warriors

This song is one that I can easily remember, because there isn't too many instruments or anything. The drum part is also easy to remember, and I feel like making a drum cover of this song in the future.

3. planet dance

I don't know why I like this song, but I think it's because of the chorus part and the bridge part. The verse part is ok. Anyway, for some reason, every time I hear this song, I think of the colour purple, and purple is my favourite colour. It's also the colour that represents my favourite member of MELiSSA, so everytime I hear this song I think of my favourite member of MELiSSA.

2. MELiSSA

This was the first MELiSSA song that I ever listened to, and I think a lot of other people were introduced to them by this song. This was their first impression, and I think the song sounds really good as an introduction to their group. I feel like it also sounds really good as an opening theme.

1. DEAD HEAT DRiVE

When I first heard this song in 2019, Dead Heat Drive was now my new favourite song. Not just because it reminds me of Kamen Rider Drive, but because the whole song is catchy, but in a good way. I even started working on a cover for this song only a week after hearing it for the second time. Out of all the songs here, I remember most of the choreography from this song more than the others. I think they also played this song 3 times in a row, so now I think of the phrase "Triple Dead Heat Drive" when I hear this song, and I think it sounds like a good name for a finishing move or something.

Anyway, that is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Kuro二nja’s Earth-0 Counterpart?

Power of the Dragons, Chapter 3