Riderverse Reviews: Kamen Rider Build Episode 1

So this is a new series. I don't know if I'll do this regularly like my Kyuranger reviews, but there were some who wanted me to review Kamen Rider Build's first episode when it came out, so I'll do it. I should've started earlier during Kamen Rider Drive, but I wasn't interested in it until episode 11, and I wasn't really into Kamen Rider until I saw Ex-Aid. I also have an interdimensional counterpart on Earth-3, the main Kamen Rider Universe, but he doesn't really do anything except for chant "009" for some reason.

Anyway, it's finally time for me to review the first episode of Build!

Unlike other series, this series started off very confusing. The story starts with the Pandora Box, which split Japan into 3 countries 10 years ago. However, 10 years later, there's these monsters called Smash, which are being defeated by someone known as Kamen Rider. There's also these men in gas masks who captured and experimented on people to turn them into Smash. One of them is our protagonist, who remembers seeing a guy with bat emblems on him. He also invented everything that he uses as Kamen Rider Build, because he's a math and physics prodigy. What he does with the Smash is absorb their essence into a blank bottle, not only turning them back into humans, but also proving that my theory about the show was true. But if my theory is true, where did the lion, rabbit, and tank full bottles come from? And if the Smash are very strong, how did he get those full bottles before becoming a Kamen Rider? Maybe it will be explained in a later episode. The protagonist has amnesia, after all.

Do you want to know something else? There's also this former martial arts athlete turned fugitive who's so strong, he can use martial arts to destroy robots that went after him. What happened was, he was also experimented on by the same gas mask guys that Kamen Rider Build remembers. Kamen Rider Build helps him because he wants to know who the GMGs (Gas Mask Guys) are.

I was very confused during this episode. I don't know how the Smash could be connected to the Pandora's Box, but I know they're connected in a way, because the other Kamen Rider series were like that in some way.

Anyway, that is all, and I have nothing to do with Shironinger!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Kuro二nja’s Earth-0 Counterpart?

Power of the Dragons, Chapter 3

Top 10 MELiSSA songs