The 蘭dom Section: Ready Player One Movie Review (SPOILER WARNING)

Hey guys, it is I, Kuroninja, and this is the 蘭dom Section of my blog, where I Review ランdom and off-topic things that don’t have anything to do with what I usually talk about on my blog. Anyway, normally I don’t do movie reviews, but there’s this movie I’ve seen on Sunday, and I really felt like reviewing it. It’s called Ready Player One. Now be warned, for there are spoilers. So if you don’t want to be spoiled, DO NOT GO PAST THE RED LINE.



_____________________________________________



Ok, so on Sunday, I watched this movie with a couple of my friends. One of them’s a waitress at a French cafe in Japan who’s secretly a thief and a yellow ranger, and the other is a policewoman who’s also a pink ranger. I think both of them have fought each other before, but the pink ranger doesn’t realize it yet. Or maybe she did after we watched the movie together. Anyway, this movie focuses a lot on virtual reality. I have a lot of experience with virtual reality. I think Anti-Kuroninja owns a VR headset, and so does my Earth-0 counterpart, who has a cardboard one.

But VR is not the only thing in this movie. There was also a lot of references to stuff from the 80’s, but also from video games and tv shows. By the way, Ultraman was supposed to appear in the movie, but they couldn’t because of some higher powers of Earth-0.

Disclaimer: Ultraman does not exist in the Kuroninja Multiverse because Ultraman and Super Sentai were created by 2 different higher powers of Earth-0.

Anyway, this story takes place in the Oasis, which is like a way better version of this game called VRchat, and it’s also really advanced. So the story is focused on finding something known as the Easter Egg, and to find it, you need 3 keys. And the main protagonist is this guy called Wade Watts, who’s looking for the egg with some of his friends. However, there’s also bad guys.

Now these bad guys are an organization known as IOI, and they have these soldiers known as “sixers,” because they don’t have a real name. Obviously they’re lawful evil, and I think the main villain might get along with Akuroninja if they existed in the same Multiverse, which they don’t.

Now here’s why I put spoilers. I’m going to explain something that happened when we were watching the movie, and they might spoil the experience. So make sure you watch the movie first, because obviously, some people forgot that there was a red line above.

So there was this scene where the guys were looking for the Jade Key, and it’s in a re-enactment of The Shining. There was a little scary scene. I wasn’t affected because my half-snake DNA prevents me from being scared, but it was still a bit awkward because LupinYellow was grabbing on to me, probably because she was a little nervous during this scene. I was disappointed because there was no “Heeeeeere’s Johnny!”

Oh, and the fight scene in the climax was epic. There were a lot of stuff to see, and so many references to things that aren’t real in the Kuroninja Multiverse or Earth-0.

Now you might be wondering why it took so long for me to write this review, because I watched it during my date on Sunday. It’s because movies are very long, so I have to decide what to write and what not to write. Anyway, one thing I learned while watching the movie is that I shouldn’t have attempted to date 2 people at once. No, that wasn’t what happened in the movie. I was literally on a date with 2 people at once.

Now even though I made this movie review, that doesn’t mean I’ll review all the movies, like Infinity War or something. This is still a Super Sentai blog. And there’s also Kuroninja X.

Anyway, that is all, and I have nothing to do with Shironinger!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Kuro二nja’s Earth-0 Counterpart?

Power of the Dragons, Chapter 3

Top 10 MELiSSA songs